So, after several hours of believing in this questionable "snapshot" of what would come in Minecraft 2.0, I feel like a dope. It's the kind of feeling that you might expect after finding the word gullible in the dictionary. Good job Mojang, you really pulled a great April Fool's prank this year.
I first came across the "changes" via Paul Soares Jr., a popular YouTuber known for his minecraft videos. He did a good job introducing me to the odd changes without showing me features that would put me in disbelief.
I should've realized that it was spelled wrong.
Then, I popped over to Guude's video on it, which was much longer and showed me the very... questionable features. It was then that I realized that it was April 1st, and that this was all a big joke. What's impressive is that Mojang orchestrated it so well and got popular YouTubers in the Minecraft community to pull it off. They know that YouTube is the biggest place for showing off the game, and that we would likely trust the big names such as Paul and Vechs.
However, to make the joke work, there was a good mixture of very believable changes that would really enhance the game's features. Among the questionable changes, silly things added to the game felt like the same brand of humor coming from a game where you put saddles on pigs and ride them. Of course, as I learned more about the changes, I began to find ones that I really disliked, even though the YouTubers were praising them for "being the original vision of Notch."
- A new “Horse” animal.
- New blocks, including compacted versions of lapis, redstone, and coal, and decorative blocks such as hay bales, slime blocks, and mud.
- Dyed glass
- New Redstone Bug monster.
- Heat needs to be regulated in furnaces or they will blow up.
- Chickens may attack the player.
- Sheep that are fed golden apples will float indefinitely.
- Overfeeding animals may have explosive results.
- Torches will need to be relit every so often.
- Difficulty setting is now per-world and may never be changed once set.
- Zombie Pigmen now spawn with battlesigns and no longer use swords.
- Players may no longer attack other players directly, but must recruit an army of Monsters and Animals.
- Anything involving fish.
What changes in "Minecraft 2.0" would you like to see implemented into the game?